About the subclass 101 Child visa
This visa allows a child of an Australian permanent resident who is currently outside Australia to come to Australia to live with their parents.
The Child visa subclass 101 is a permanent visa and allows your child to live permanently in Australia.
A Child visa subclass 101 lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely.
If a child is younger than 18 years of age a parent may apply on behalf of the child.
To be eligible to sponsor a child for a Child Visa Subclass 101 a parent must be:
- an Australian citizen, or
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen. (An eligible New Zealand citizen a New Zealand citizen who was living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February 2001)
The visa application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the visa application is decided.
Criteria to be met for the Child visa subclass 101
To be eligible for a subclass 101 Child visa, a child must be:
- sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
- younger than 18 years of age, or:
- a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
A child younger than 18 years of age must be single and not engaged to be married.
The child can include their own dependent children in this application.
The child must be:
- the biological child or adopted child of the sponsoring parent
- a step child who has not turned 18 of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.
An adopted child must have been adopted before their parent became an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Call JJDS MIGRATION a call on +61 423 511 571 to book a consultation online now, and we’ll assess your situation and design a perfect plan to get the right Australian visa for you and get you here asap!
We will guide you regarding suitable and acceptable proof, and prepare the necessary documentation to maximise your chances to be granted this visa. Contact us to assess your options