Student Visas


From 1st July 2016, the new sub-class 500 (Student) Visa replaces the previous sub-classes 570, 571, 572, 573, 574 and 575, while for Student Guardians, the new sub-class 590 replaces the previous sub-class 580. If your visa application was submitted on or before 30th June 2016, then the requirements of the previous visa sub-class(es) apply to your application.

The sub-class 500 and 590 visa can be applied for onshore in Australia or offshore. Holders of Domestic Worker (subclass 426) diplomatic stream, Temporary Worker (subclass 403) domestic work diplomatic stream, Diplomatic (subclass 995), Transit (subclass 771) and Visitor (subclass 600) family sponsored stream Visas are precluded from applying for the sub-class 500 student visas onshore.

Student Visa- Subclass 500

For Student Visas, you must be accepted for full-time study in a registered course or part of a registered course to be eligible for these visas. A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).Read More >>

Student Guardian visa, subclass 590

The Student Guardian visa is a temporary visa for a person who needs to come to Australia to provide care and support for:Read More >>

Training and Research visa (subclass 402)

The Training and Research visa (subclass 402) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training, observe or participate in research as a visiting academic, or participate in a professional development program.Read More >>