What is a 143 Contributory Parent permanent visa?
The subclass 143 Contributory Parent permanent visa allows parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia to live in Australia permanently.
Applicants must be sponsored by a child or spouse of one of their children.
The applicant’s sponsor needs to be settled in Australia which means they must have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years before the application is lodged.
Applicants can be inside or outside Australia when they apply but must be outside Australia for the visa to be granted unless they hold a subclass 173 Contributory Parent temporary visa.
Applicants are not entitled to a bridging visa if they are in Australia when they apply for this visa unless they hold a subclass 173 Contributory Parent temporary visa.
Criteria to be met for a subclass 143 Contributory Parent permanent visa
Applicants for a subclass 143 Contributory Parent permannet visa must:
- Have a child who is:
- an Australian citizen,
- an Australian permanent resident or,
- an eligible New Zealand citizen (An eligible New Zealand citizen is a New Zealand citizen who was living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February 2001) and,
- who is lawfully resident in Australia for at least two years (A shorter period may be considered in exceptional circumstances)
- Have a sponsor who will give a written undertaking to provide support for the applicant and their dependant relatives for their first two years of residency in Australia. This is usually the applicants child or a spouse of a child.
- Meet the balance-of-family test Applicant’s meet the balance of family test if:
(a) at last half of the applicant’s children live as permanent residents in Australia,
(b) more of the applicant’s children live as permanent residents in Australia than in any other country.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Call JJDS MIGRATION a call on +61 423 511 571 to book a consultation online now, and we’ll assess your situation and design a perfect plan to get the right Australian visa for you and get you here asap!