The Business Talent Visa Permanent sub-class 132 visa is a permanent residence visa designed for high calibre business people who are owners or part owners of an overseas business and have a genuine and realistic commitment to participate in the management and development of a new or existing business in Australia.
The sub-class 132 visa is a visa where a nomination from a State or a Territory government agency is required. This visa is not points tested. This visa is for high calibre business people from overseas who are less than 55 years old, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the region where it will operate.
An Expression of Interest is required. Importantly, please note that the submission of an EOI is not an application for a visa – it is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa.
This sub-class 132 visa has 2 streams;
1. Significant Business History Stream – for high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia, and who have all of the following;
- Total net assets of at least AU$400,000 as the ownership interest in one or more qualifying businesses for least 2 of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply and if the qualifying business(es) was a publicly listed company, a shareholding of at least 10% of the total issued capital,
- the net business and personal assets of at least AU$1.5 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted, and
- an annual business turnover of at least AU$3 million, in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the 4 fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- ownership of at least;
- 51% of a business with turnover of less than AU$400 000 per year
- 30% of a business with turnover of more than AU$400 000 per year, or
- 10% of a publicly listed company
- an overall successful business career
- no involvement in unacceptable business activities
- a genuine desire to own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia.
Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream – for people who have formally sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL), and who have obtained at least AU$1 million in venture capital funding to start up the commercialisation and development of a promising high-value business idea in Australia.
In addition to the requirements of the 2 streams described above, you must also meet Health and Character requirements, and have no outstanding debts to the Australian government.
Contact Us for further information. We will advise you regarding your options, and which visa sub-class will be most suitable for your needs.
We will guide you regarding suitable and acceptable proof, and prepare the necessary documentation to maximise your chances to be granted this visa. Contact us to assess your options.