The Employer Nomination Scheme sub-class 186 visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process: firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer, and secondly, an application under the nominated stream. This visa is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa programme.
This visa is a permanent residence visa. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply.
You can apply for this visa only after you have been nominated by an employer in Australia. If you do not have an employer who will nominate you, an Expression of Interest can be submitted. Prospective employers and state and territory government employers can then view your details and decide whether to nominate you for skilled migration.
Expression of Interest
We will provide you with a realistic assessment of your chances of success with this visa, and will advise you accordingly. We will guide you regarding submission of the Expression of Interest (EOI), your nominations, with suitable and acceptable proof, and prepare the necessary documentation to maximise your chances to be granted this visa. Contact us to assess your options
The visa has 3 streams:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
- The Direct Entry stream is for:
a. people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
b. people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or
c. temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement.
You may qualify for this visa if you:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer within the six months before you apply,
- are under the age of 50 at the time of application, unless you are exempt,
- where under the Direct Entry Scheme, you have the required skills and qualifications for the position as per Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List,
- have appropriate English language skills (at the time of application lodgement), unless you are exempt,
- meet health and character requirements, and
- meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply.