The Parent sub-class 103 visa is a permanent residence visa that lets parents live permanently in Australia if they are the parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.
You can be in Australia (only if your current visa allows you to apply for another visa) or outside of Australia when you apply for this visa. But you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
Note: There is significant demand for this visa and places are limited. You could wait up to 30 years to have this visa granted.
For the sub-class 103 visa, you must;
- have a sponsor (most applicants must be sponsored by their adult child, but not always). The sponsor must be over 18 years old, and must give a written undertaking to provide support for you for your first two (2) years in Australia, including any accompanying dependent family members. During this period, the sponsor must provide support, accommodation and financial assistance,
- meet the balance-of-family test – At least half of your children must lawfully live permanently in Australia. You must meet this requirement, as it cannot be waived,
- meet health and character requirements,
- rovide biometrics,
- sign the Australian Values Statement, and
- have no debts to the Australian government.
You can include the following people in your visa application at the time of lodgement:
- your or your partner’s dependent children, and
- other dependent relatives.
These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application, including health and character requirements.
Instead of waiting, you may choose to consider the Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa sub-class 173, which if granted, would enable you after 2 years, to apply for the Contributory Parent visa sub-class 143. These are usually finalised in less than two (2) years. However, you will also be required to pay a higher application charge, and provide a longer assurance of support with a larger bond.
We will provide you with a realistic assessment of your chances of success with this visa. We will advise you accordingly. Contact us to assess your options.