The Skilled-Regional (Provisional) visa subclass 489 is for skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in specified regional areas in Australia for 4 years.
There are 2 pathways to qualify for this visa:
- the Invited Pathway, or
- the Extended Stay Pathway – you must hold a provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496, or
Note: You may also obtain this visa if you are a family member of someone who holds this subclass 489 visa or a provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496.
- Invited Pathway – you may be eligible to apply for this visa if invited and you are either:
- nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency, or
- sponsored by an eligible relative living in a Designated area of Australia.
If successful and you receive your letter of invitation, you must also have:
- been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
- nominated an occupation that is on the Skilled Occupation List. If you are state-sponsored, you need to nominate an occupation on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List,
- asuitable skills assessment for that occupation,
- not yet turned 50 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English
Extended Stay Pathway – you have held a provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496 for at least two years and want to extend your stay in Australia.
Family Link – You are a family member of someone who holds this visa (subclass 489) or a provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495 or 496.
Contact Us for further information. We will advise you regarding your options, and which visa sub-class will be most suitable for your needs.
We will provide you with a realistic assessment of your chances of success with this visa, and will advise you accordingly. We will guide you regarding suitable and acceptable evidence required for this visa, and prepare the necessary documentation to maximise your chances of successfully being granted this visa. Contact us to assess your options