About the Subclass 103 Parent Visa
The subclass 103 Parent permanent visa lets parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia live in Australia permanently.
Applicants must be sponsored by a child or spouse of one of their children.
The applicant’s sponsor needs to be settled in Australia which means they must have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years before the application is lodged.
Applicants can be outside Australia when they apply for this visa.
At the moment applicants can expect a 30 year wait before their 103 visa application will be considered and the Australian government is currently attempting to discontinue this visa class, so this is not a realistic visa option for any parent.
Criteria to be met for a subclass 103 Parent permanent visa
Applicants for a subclass 103 Parent permanent visa must:
- Have a child who is:
- an Australian citizen,
- an Australian permanent resident or,
- an eligible New Zealand citizen (An eligible New Zealand citizen is a New Zealand citizen who was living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February 2001)
- who is lawfully resident in Australia for at least two years (A shorter period may be considered in exceptional circumstances)
- Have a sponsor who will give a written undertaking to provide support for the applicant and their dependant relatives for their first two years of residency in Australia. This is usually the applicants child or a spouse of a child.
- Meet the balance-of-family test. Applicant’s meet the balance of family test if (a) at least half of the applicant’s children live as permanent residents in Australia or (b) more of the applicant’s children live as permanent residents in Australia than in any other country.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Call JJDS MIGRATION a call on +61 423 511 571 to book a consultation online now, and we’ll assess your situation and design a perfect plan to get the right Australian visa for you and get you here asap!
We will guide you regarding suitable and acceptable proof, and prepare the necessary documentation to maximise your chances to be granted this visa. Contact us to assess your options